Orthotics treat several foot issues, and come in a variety of shapes and sizes, depending on your unique needs.
Do you need orthotics from your podiatrist in Olney, Camp Springs/Clinton, Silver Spring, and Kensington, MD, Dr. Marc Goldberg?
What Are Orthotics?
Family Foot and Ankle Associates of Maryland provide patients with shoe devices to make everyday activities easier. People insert orthotics into shoes to correct abnormal or irregular, walking patterns. Orthotics come in a variety of forms, from felt pads to custom-made shoe inserts, to improve a person's ability to stand, walk, and run more efficiently and comfortably. Over-the-counter orthotics help mild symptoms, but custom-made orthotics correct a wider range of symptoms because they fit an individual's unique foot structure.
Types of Orthotics at Olney, Camp Springs/Clinton, Silver Spring, and Kensington, MD
- Rigid Orthotics: Rigid orthotic devices control function and aid in walking shoes or dress shoes. They are made of a firm material, plastic, or carbon fiber to control motion, and improve (or eliminate), strains, and aches and pains in legs, thighs, and lower back.
- Soft Orthotics: Soft orthotics absorb shock, increase balance, and take pressure off sore spots. This is best for diabetic, arthritic, and deformed feet because they're made up of soft, cushioned materials.
- Semi-Rigid Orthotics: Semi-rigid orthotics provide foot balance while walking and playing sports. This orthotic is made of layers of soft material, reinforced with rigid materials, and usually prescribed for children to treat specific issues, like flatfoot, in-toeing or out-toeing disorders.
Do You Need to Consult Your Podiatrist?
Orthotics can make life easier. Don't hesitate to contact Dr. Marc Goldberg for more information about orthotics. Family Foot and Ankle Associates of Maryland has several office locations: Olney, Camp Springs/Clinton, Silver Spring, and Kensington, MD.
- Olney: (301) 924-5044
- Camp Springs: (301) 868-7670
- Silver Spring: (301) 439-0300
- Kensington: (301) 868-7670