How your podiatrists in Kensington, Silver Spring, Camp Springs/Clinton, and Olney, MD, can help you get relief from neuroma pain
Neuromas are areas of thickened tissue that can come to surround the nerves in your foot. This thickened tissue then puts pressure on the nerve, causing acute, sharp pain, as well as a sensation of burning, numbness, or stinging. Fortunately, the podiatrists here at Family Foot and Ankle Associates of Maryland can help relieve your neuroma discomfort. With offices in Kensington, Silver Spring, Camp Springs/Clinton, and Olney, MD, read on to learn how they can help you.
More about Neuromas
You are at higher risk of suffering from a neuroma if you wear tight shoes/high heels, or if you participate in high impact activities such as running or basketball. Bunions, flat feet, high arches, or hammertoes can all increase your risk of developing a foot neuroma, as well.
If you are suffering from a foot neuroma, you can try a few simple home remedies, including:
- Wearing wider, more comfortable, and more supportive shoes
- Placing ice on the bottom of your foot
- Taking over-the-counter pain or anti-inflammatory medications
- Switching to lower impact activities, such as swimming
For painful neuromas that don’t respond to conservative therapies, your podiatrist can offer several effective treatments. At Family Foot and Ankle Associates of Maryland, your podiatrist may recommend these effective treatments:
- Custom-fit arch supports and orthotics
- Inserts, footpads, and other cushioning devices
- Corticosteroid injections to reduce swelling and inflammation
- Surgical treatment for severe, painful neuromas
A foot neuroma can dramatically affect your life, making it difficult to wear shoes, stand, and participate in the activities that you love. Fortunately, you can find relief from your painful foot neuromas with the help of your local podiatrists.
To learn more about foot neuroma treatment and other foot issues, call the podiatrists here at Family Foot and Ankle Associates of Maryland, with offices in Kensington, Silver Spring, Camp Springs/Clinton, and Olney, Maryland. Call now, and help your feet!
- Olney, MD—(301) 924-5044
- Camp Springs/Clinton, MD—(301) 868-7670
- Silver Spring, MD—(301)439-0300
- Kensington, MD—(301) 942-8110